[TinyOWS-users] INSERT is not working

Alexander Schäfer uu alexander.schaefer at intevation.de
Wed Dec 23 06:17:51 EST 2009

Hi Olivier,

thanks for the fix. I fixed my code, changed my OpenLayers configuration and
it works perfectly. I can insert/save drawn features(point,line,polygon) and
the geometry with all attributes is stored. After reload my map all drawn
features are displayed.

My SVN Tinyows (it also works with 0.7.0 version) layer config:

<layer retrievable="1"
         writeable="1"
         queryable="1"
         prefix="feature"
         server="http://*********"
         name="france_test"
         title="French Administrative Sub Boundaries (IGN - GeoFLA
Departements)"/>

Openlayers:

var wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("France", {
                strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX(), saveStrategy],
                protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
                    version: "1.0.0",
                    url: "http://*******/cgi-bin/tinyows",
                    featureType: "france_test",
                    srsName: "EPSG:27582",
                    featureNS: "http://**********", //without prefix
                    geometryName: "the_geom",

schema: "http://*********/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=WFS&version=1.0.0
&request=DescribeFeatureType&TypeName=france_test"
                })

---------
Alex

Alexander Schäfer | ++49-541-335083-0 | http://www.intevation.de/ |