[TinyOWS-users] TinyOWS 0.8.0 is available
olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Sat May 1 11:02:11 EST 2010
Hi All !
TinyOWS 0.8.0 release is now available !
We strongly encourage to update to 0.8.0.
As a lot of debug stuff have been done, since the
previous 0.7.0 release.
Caution: PostGIS 1.5 is now mandatory to use with TinyOWS 0.8.0.
- PostgreSQL schema support
It means that you can use several PostgreSQL schemas,
and not only the default one (i.e public)
- JSON output format for GetFeature (use OUTPUTFORMAT=application/
Nice to have, for OpenLayers usage.
A specific Howto is available: http://tinyows.org/trac/wiki/OpenLayersHowToBasic
- PostGIS 1.5 new geography support.
You can either use PostGIS geography or geometry types, they work
- Input request log mechanism
- Command line --check option, to check configure stuff
Really usefull in conjunction with --help option to help to debug
- Ability to deactivate XSD schema and/or OGC SFS validation
(even if it's not at all a recommended practice !)
- Up to date documentation and OpenLayers integration step by step
- Slighlty improve performance for GetFeature operation
(about ~10% faster)
- And a lot of debug stuff
Don't hesitate to keep asking for new features,
Don't hesitate to keep sending patches,
Don't hesitate to keep helping in documentation process,
More information about the TinyOWS-users