[TinyOWS-users] Can't read my layer

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 08:31:54 EST 2010

On Sep 2, 2010, at 3:22 PM, Alexandre Dube wrote:

Hi Alexandre,

>   It's been a while since I last used tinyows and I must say that I'm
> quite impressed with the work done so far.  It's really easy to
> configure, well explained and documented.  Congratulations to the
> dev team.

Thanks for the compliment Alexandre !
and it's a pleasure to see you again here :)

>   Now for my question : I have a postgis table I try to setup with
> tinyows and it is not detected on a --check command.  Here's its
> definition :
>
> <layer retrievable="1"
>          writable="1"
>          prefix="tows"
>          server="http://myserver.com/"
>          name="sites"
>          title="Sites" />
>
>   Not much to say, but the geometry column isn't named 'the_geom'.
> Does that matter ?  If so, I didn't find an option to set the layer's
> 'geom' column name in tinyows.
>
>   Any hint ?
>
>   I use tinyows 0.9.0.

First to do is to launch on PostGIS a SELECT
populate_geometry_columns();
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-1.5/Populate_Geometry_Columns.html

To be sure to have geometry_columns table sync with all the geom datas
you really store inside PostGIS.

Once that done, it should be ok if your layer name is 'sites' into the
default
schema (public).

HTH,

--