[TinyOWS-users] Requests with filters

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Sep 2 15:49:45 EST 2010

Hi devs,

   In the application I'm currently developing, I have lots and lots of
point features to render in the map (in OpenLayers).  Using the
"Cluster" strategy works fine to avoid having too much points on the
screen, but it's still very slow to render by the browser.

   Let's say I have 3000 points to render.  In the PostGIS table, let's
say they have a "CLASS" column having 1 to 10 values (10 being major
features to 1 being trivial features).  At smaller scales (zoomed out),
I want to render the major features only and zooming in brings new
features.  Is there some kind of filter I can send to TinyOWS in order
to have the related "where" statement added to the query ?

Thanks again,

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears