[TinyOWS-users] OSM_line table and failing DescribeFeatureType

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Sep 15 07:25:15 EST 2010

Olivier Courtin wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2010, at 1:46 PM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:

>> Hi,

>> I made a TinyOWS feature type (version 0.9.0 on Ubuntu) from
>> OpenStreetMap data imported with osm2pgsql utility.  Feature type
>> creation is successful, GetCapabilities is listing the feature type
>> and

> As your data are publics could you please put online the .sql file
>
> Tks in advance

TinyOWS on my own server is misconfigured at the moment and does not find any layers. I can put whatever is needed online later, I hope tomorrow. But sorry, I am total beginner here and I do not know what you mean with .sql file.

TinyOWS is here (but does not have feature types)

http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType

Mapserver on the same server is working but it does not contain plain osm_line feature type.
http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/usr/map/osm-mapserver_i.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType

By the way, Mapserver allows making queries from "tags" column (hstore which contains all the OSM tags) by using variable substitution:

http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/usr/map/osm-mapserver_i.map&service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=POI_free_query&maxfeatures=100&tag=shop&value=hardware

-Jukka Rahkonen-