[TinyOWS-users] OSM_line table and failing DescribeFeatureType

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Sep 17 07:46:56 EST 2010

Olivier Courtin wrote:

> prefix in XML element is only a convention,
> the meaningfull part is the related Namespace.
> And they should be the same

> > TinyOWS defines a string attribute as
> > <xs:sequence>
> >  <xs:element name="access" type="string" minOccurs="0"
> maxOccurs="1"/>
> >
> > Deegree version looks like this:
> > <xsd:sequence>
> >  <xsd:element name="countynbr" type="xsd:string"/>
>
> Well so that's the same except that TinyOWS also provide the
> cardinality
> (min/max Occurs)

Not exactly the same, the main difference is not between xs: and xsd:
but between type="string" and type="xsd:string".
Does "string" need to be defined or not?  Deegree and Geoserver give it
with prefix, Mapserver and TinyOWS without.

-Jukka-

> For Information TinyOWS is known working fine with OpenLayers,
> QGIS, and GvSIG.
> But not with Udig when you want to edit features (transactional part)

I would guess it works also with Kosmo put I have not tried it yet. I
just started two days ago with TinyOWS.

Deegree bases OpenJUMP WFS plugin has a nice spatial query builder that
I like a lot because it supports building spatial filters Intersects,
Within, Distance within, Contains, Beyound, Touches, Crosses, Overlaps,
Equals and Disjoint in addition to BBOX. I would really like to use
those because plain BBOX queries do not give at all the best out of WFS.
But I do know there are a few issues in OpenJUMP WFS plugin, mainly
because the developers have been developing it only on top of deegree
services.

-Jukka Rahkonen-