[TinyOWS-users] GetFeature POST fails with TiinyOWS 0.9.0

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Sep 22 11:31:32 EST 2010

Hi,

I was not accurate in my last mail about featuretype names, their are allowed otherwise, but in theory not in requests. I hope this copy-paste clarifies this kind of a bug in the standard. The one who answers is Mr. Markus Schneider.

Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Someone told me today that underscores in the typenames in WFS 1.1.0
> requests are not allowed.
> He told that even the typename itself is of type Qname and allows
> underscores, the requests should follow this
>     <xsd:simpleType name="TypeNameListType">
>       <xsd:restriction base="wfs:Base_TypeNameListType">
>          <xsd:pattern value="((\w:)?\w(=\w)?){1,}">
>
> and thus underscore character is not allowed.
>
> Is this true?

Hi,

years ago I sent this question to the WFS working group (cannot find the post at the moment). Basically, the answer was
that the schema is broken, but it's o.k. to use underscores. If this wasn't the case, it would actually not be possible
to work with most application schemas in the WFS...

Best regards,
Markus