[TinyOWS-users] fids in database views

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 08:43:47 EST 2010

On Sep 23, 2010, at 3:00 PM, Marco Hugentobler wrote:

Hi Marco,

> I'm trying to use WFS-T with an editable postgres view.

Humm first point is that if you use view, you will not be able
to edit the feature, as the view is read only.

> Unfortunately, it seems TinyOWS does not give fid attributes to the
> features (even though one of
> the view columns is a primary key in the source table).
> Is there a way to
> configure TinyOWS to generate an fid for views (e.g. by specifying a
> view column
> as pkey)?

You're right this something have to be enhance.
I created the related ticket: http://tinyows.org/trac/ticket/57
Nota: it will behave same for views and tables.

Thanks for this input Marco !

--
Olivier