[TinyOWS-users] [MS4W-Users] FW: Problem with installing TinyOWS and MS4W

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sat Sep 25 01:14:12 EST 2010

  Hi,

Oh, I am so used to test MS4W installation simply by sending http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe that I did it automatically also with tinyows.exe. Is there some other way to test that TinyOWS is OK, before going on to configuration?

The problem has definitely something to do with the config.xml. It is not only the PostGIS connection, perhaps wrong schema address is another trouble, but I can't say for sure. I will send you in another mail the edited MS4W config.xml that still gives the same error and another config.xml which I copied from a working Linux installation. If I use that Linux config file instead of MS4W config.xml everything works. I am pretty sure that this will be an easy fix for you. Remember also to correct the cgi-bin directory as well to ms4w\apache\cgi-bin. We MS4W users are not clever with installation problems, all we can do is to unzip and run.

-Jukka-