[TinyOWS-users] Using BBOX and srsName together with http GET

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Aug 5 02:21:35 EST 2011

Hi,

Running r586 now and behaves perhaps a bit better.  But perhaps before you continue it should be thought how is should behave.

Now r586 takes the EPSG:3067 BBOX by default which is OK
http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typename=lv:mml_railway&BBOX=246700,6780800,436400,6924000

If some other srsName is given then the BBOX must use the same SRS than the output. Sounds reasonable, but should be documented.
http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typename=lv:mml_railway&BBOX=3380477,6846321,3604216,7015199&srsname=EPSG:2393

WFS 1.1.0 does not seem to work yet. TinyOWS takes now BBOX with the crsuri parameter
http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typename=lv:mml_railway&BBOX=246700,6780800,436400,6924000,EPSG:3067

However, result is empty with the srsname parameter.  I tried with both EPSG:2393 and urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::2393

http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typename=lv:mml_railway&BBOX=246700,6780800,436400,6924000,EPSG:3067&srsname=EPSG:2393
http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typename=lv:mml_railway&BBOX=246700,6780800,436400,6924000,EPSG:3067&srsname=urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::2393

Perhaps before you continue it should be thought how is should behave. I would say that WFS 1.0.0 with BBOX using the same srsName that is defined for output.  With 1.1.0 it would be best if the user gives BBOX with five parameters to make sure what is the meaning.  Otherwise BBOX shoud default to layer SRS. Or should it?  This would yield different results with 1.0.0 and 1.1.0 with the same BBOX.  Absolutely most safe to use five parameters with 1.1.0.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Olivier Courtin wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Rahkonen Jukka
> <Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi> wrote:

> Hi Jukka,

>> I have trouble in making both BBOX and reprojection by using srsName to work
>> with http GET requests.

> Thanks for the detailled report !

Could you give a try with r580,
It should be better...