[TinyOWS-users] [Important] Merging TinyOWS project with MapServer one
olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 12:14:39 EST 2011
Since months, there's discussion to put TinyOWS project under
The main idea is to bring end users, something more integrated, more
powerfull and also
more widely tested.
The TinyOWS MapFile config file parser was a first step in this
direction, to allow a single
config file for both apps.
Current discussions documents could be found there:
To be practical, for TinyOWS users, things who will change are:
- mailings list (we will use MapServer ones instead)
- name of the application will become: MapServer TinyOWS
- documentation will be put on mapserver.org website.
- adding a new feature will imply a MapServer PSC discussion and
a related vote rather than a autocratic Yes or No from myself ^^.
- And we hope it will leads to allow new users to play with TinyOWS
If something need to be cleared for you,
it could be the moment, before anything is yet voted.
More information about the TinyOWS-users