[TinyOWS-users] [Important] Merging TinyOWS project with MapServer one

Carlos Ruiz boolean10001 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 13:08:43 EST 2011

Olivier and all,

I'm a 5 years old user of Mapserver, and I'm sure that is the best web mapping option so far (and it will be for so long).

You could always read in the Mapserver's site: MapServer is not a
full-featured GIS system, nor does it aspire to be.

That is why I was looking for another options which take care of the "functional holes" of Mapserver. Then I found the awesome,
little but powerful TinyOWS project.

I know that the merge with Mapserver can have some benefits, but I really think that TinyOWS must be apart from the

Mapserver project.

That is my very humble opinion.

IC Carlos Ruiz