[TinyOWS-users] Inconsistent coordinate order with WFS 1.1.0 and srsName=EPSG:2393

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 11:35:57 EST 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Rahkonen Jukka
<Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi> wrote:

Hi Jukka,

> > 110A05 and 110A06 are eastern, so reverse axis either long or short srs.

> > Something i've missed ?

> The coordinates in the 110A05.out and 110A06.out files in the lonlat directory that I downloaded do not make
> sense (not inside or close to Finland) if they are supposed to be in Northing-Easting order, which is correct for
> EPSG:2393.
> <gml:Point srsName="urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::2393"><gml:pos>3449686 7674378</gml:pos></gml:Point>

It's suppose to be the same point than: 25.73408841497
69.1455073926807 expressed in EPSG:4326
In fact i took the same point for UTM, lat/lon, and eastern spatial references.

But indeed not sure that this point is or not in Finland.
Does it really matter ?

The important thing IMO to check here, is reverse axis upon different
kind of srid,

> Unit tests with EPSG suits very well for me, but for the folks outside Finland I think it would be better to test with
> some coordinate system from the  ETRS-TMxx series (EPSG:3038 - EPSG:3051).  They will be used with the
> Inspire datasets and they are almost the same as WGS84-UTM zones, but ETRS ones are using Northing-
> Easting. I fear this will lead to a lot of trouble here in Europe. Especially because  I have a very bad feeling that
> all the ETRS-TMxx definitions are wrong in Proj4, spatialreference.org, PostGIS and everywhere. I hope it is only
> because I cannot read the reports correctly and you can say that I am wrong after comparing ETRS-TM35
> reports from EPSG-registry
> http://www.epsg-registry.org/report.htm?type=selection&entity=urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::3047&reportDetail=long&
>  style=urn:uuid:report-style:default-with-urn&style_name=OGP%20Default%20With%20Urn&title=ETRS-TM35

The srtext of EPSG:3038-3051 contains
AXIS["Easting",EAST],AXIS["Northing",NORTH],
so they have the same behaviour than EPSG:2393.

So no real reason to change it, even for non Scandiavian guys  :)

--
Olivier