[TinyOWS-users] Problem with using MapServer mapfile

Dejan Gambin dejan.gambin at coin.hr
Thu Jun 2 01:33:23 EST 2011

Hi,

I am new on the list so excuse me if I ask something wrong :-)

I have downloaded and installed the newest tinyows version (1.0.0.rc3). I have successfully configured my layer using tinyows config xml file. Then I tried to configure it through the mapfile but when I try running tinyows --check, I get:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<ows:ExceptionReport
 xmlns='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
 xmlns:ows='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
 xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
 xsi:schemaLocation='http://www.opengis.net/ows http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd'
 version='1.1.0' language='en'>
 <ows:Exception exceptionCode='ErrorConfigFile' locator='parse_config_file'>
  <ows:ExceptionText>MapFile Parse Error</ows:ExceptionText>
 </ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

Here are the steps taken:

1. Mapfile configuration

WEB
  METADATA
	"tinyows_schema_dir" "/usr/local/tinyows/schema/"
	"tinyows_onlineresource" "http://localhost/cgi-bin/tinyows?"
	"wfs_title" "TinyOWS service provided by a MapFile"
	"wfs_namespace_prefix" "coin"
	"wfs_namespace_uri" "http://www.coin.hr"
  END

LAYER
  NAME "katastar"
  CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
  CONNECTION "host=localhost dbname=vodnjan user=postgres password=postgres port=5432"
  METADATA
	"wfs_title" "katastar"
	"wfs_namespace_prefix" "coin"
	"wfs_namespace_uri" "http://www.coin.hr"
	"wfs_srs" "EPSG:31275"
	"tinyows_table"  "kc_medja_sve_polygon"
	"tinyows_writable" "1"
	"tinyows_retrievable" "1"
END
  DUMP TRUE
END

Before I run tinyows --check, I did: "export TINYOWS_MAPFILE=path_to_map_file".

Am I missing something? Is there any way of finding out what causes this? I have tried compiling with --enable-debug but the error message is still the same.

BTW, I use this layer as a WMS and WFS with no problem.

Thanks very much on any helpful inormation

regards, dejan