[TinyOWS-users] [ANN] TinyOWS 1.0.0 rc1 is out !

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon May 2 14:10:38 EST 2011

Hi,

Are there plans to put new Windows binaries available somewhere?

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Olivier Courtin wrote:

> Hi all,

> I'm really proud to announce, that TinyOWS 1.0.0rc1 is out today !

> <http://tinyows.org/tracdocs/release/tinyows-1.0.0rc1.tar.bz2>

> I expect now, a lot of tests and reports on several platforms and
> (exotic) uses cases
> before to launch the official and stable release.

> Thanks in advance to all of you to take time, in next days to do so.

> A lot of juicy new improves for this TinyOWS release, headlines:
  -  First we reach a full OGC WFS-T 1.0 and 1.1 sf-0 unit tests
compliancy,
  - Second we really improve again performance, mostly in Transaction
and GetCapabilities requests
  -  Third we add MapFile config file parser, to allow a single config
file to be used from both MapServer and TinyOWS.
  - And of course a lot of debug stuff.

Caution some 'little' things changed in TinyOWS config file from
previous 0.9 release
   - rename server and prefix to ns_uri ans ns_prefix
    - rename wfs_display_bbox to display_bbox

Complete ChangeLog:
  - Configuration change with broken backward compatibility:
  - Encoding support, written by Carlos Ruiz: cruizch at gmail.com
  - Estimated_bbox option for GetCapabilities response (default is
false)
  - Schema cache for fast-cgi mode (huge performance improvement on
transaction operations)
  - Improve drasticaly GetCapabilities performance on huge layer
(Thanks to Nicklas Aven for report)
  - Add ability to use different names for layer and storage table
(table property)
  - Mapfile config file support (use related TINYOWS_MAPFILE env. var)
  - Debug option available from configure step (--enable-debug)
  - Improve result from --check option
  - Add wfs_default_version config file option, to set server default
WFS Version
  - Add gml_ns config file option, to set if any, layers properties
using GML namespace
  - Add log_level config file option, to allow more granularity in log
output
  - PostGIS version init check (support 1.5 and coming 2.0)
  - Update XSD schema (WFS, FE, GML), so need a new 'make install'
step if you upgrade
  - CITE WFS-T 1.0.0 SF-0 full compliant (require PostGIS 2.0)
  - CITE WFS-T 1.1.0 SF-0 full compliant (require PostGIS 2.0)
  - Lot of debug stuff (a special thanks to Boris Leukert for
detailled reports)

Enjoy,

--
Olivier