[TinyOWS-users] What is wrong with my http GET filter?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon May 9 09:53:08 EST 2011

Olivier Courtin wrote:

> On May 9, 2011, at 11:28 AM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
>
> Jukka,
>
> > service
> > =
> > wfs
> > &version
> > =
> > 1.1.0
> > &request
> > =
> > getfeature
> > &typename
> > =
> > osm_polygon
> > &maxfeatures
> > =
> > 20
> >
> &filter=<ogc:Filter><ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo><ogc:PropertyName>osm_id</
> > ogc:PropertyName><ogc:Literal>-4052</ogc:Literal></
> > ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo></ogc:Filter>
> >
> > This returns me "Internal Server Error"
>
> Great, the first real bug to be reported since rc1 !
> Fixed as r520
>
> > For comparison, I tried a very similar Filter with WFS
> service from
> > Mapserver 6.0 rc1 and it works
>
> Hum i guess mapserver does'nt really check namespace.
> So it's why it 'works'.
>
> With TinyOWS (and GeoServer too i suppose), namespace must be defined
> so something like:
>
> filter=<ogc:Filter xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
> xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc
> ">...

Thanks, I used requests from Mapserver documents as template because
they were the first GET requests I found. I checked now also some
Geoserver demo http GET requests, they are constructed like this

FILTER=<Filter
xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"><PropertyIsBetween><PropertyName>topp
:LAND_KM</PropertyName><LowerBoundary><Literal>100000</Literal></LowerBo
undary><UpperBoundary><Literal>150000</Literal></UpperBoundary></Propert
yIsBetween></Filter>

-Jukka Rahkonen-