[TinyOWS-users] Charset info in response headers

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri May 20 10:42:50 EST 2011

Olivier Courtin wrote:

On May 18, 2011, at 3:55 PM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:

Jukka,

>> I heard that there are servers adding character encoding into response
>> headers, like this:
>>
>> Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
>> Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 13:22:54 GMT
>>
>> I checked that TinyOWS does not include charset, nor Geoserver 2.1,
>> nor
>> deegree server at http://demo.deegree.org/deegree-wfs/services
>> I told the developer that it seems to be an unreliable place to search
>> for character encoding information. You may consider if it would be
>> good
>> or not to add charset into headers anyway.

> Added as r548.

> (Look like it doesn't hurt CITE test anymore:
> cf http://lists.opengeospatial.org/pipermail/wfs-dev/2009-November/000577.html)

Good, I guess you considered that as an improvement. Other news from couple of last days:
The Get/Post URLs/DCPs are Ok. I was confused by an error message from a client about not finding an URL to use for POST GetFeature. Real reason for the error was in a totally different place. This is from deegree developer:

" In addtion I also checked the way how URLs/DCPs are published in TinyOWS
and deegree WFS. Both versions are valid against OGC WFS 1.1.0 XML
Schema. and iGeoDesktop is able to read both versions."

Then I asked about the "short" datatype. It is OK to use it like TinyOWS does, deegree2 does not support it but it should, and it will within a week or so.

Regards,

-Jukka-