[TinyOWS-users] trouble with tinyows

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 03:42:06 EST 2011

>Could you face (again) with right access issue related to tomcat user ?

No, this time I'm sure the user has access right to files :)

>Could you give a try with default config file path, i.e /etc/tinyows.xml ?

I do some tests.
I guess the issue was to access the Environment variables from cgi in
tomcat.
So to avoid (and verify) this .
I modify the code of tinyows and put hardcode in "ows.c" the value for
config_file.
this is the code I change.

    /* Config Files */
(add this) -->    buffer_add_str(o->config_file,
"/home/archivio/tomcat/server/tinyows-settings/config.xml");
/*    if (getenv("TINYOWS_CONFIG_FILE")) {
        buffer_add_str(o->config_file, getenv("TINYOWS_CONFIG_FILE"));
    } else if (getenv("TINYOWS_MAPFILE")) {
        buffer_add_str(o->config_file, getenv("TINYOWS_MAPFILE"));
        o->mapfile = true;
    } else
        buffer_add_str(o->config_file, OWS_CONFIG_FILE_PATH);
*/

But still nothing change .
So I can say that the issue is not to access the config_file.

Now try to use

/etc/tinyows.xml

2011/9/1 Olivier Courtin <olivier.courtin at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Andrea Peri <aperi2007 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Andrea,
>
> > I tested the r604.
> > [...] work great with Apache.
>
> Goodie !
> And thanks for report and tests !
>

> > Unfortunately again with tomcat I have the same trouble: :(
> >
> > INFO: cgi-tinyows: runCGI (stderr):Unrecognized character \x7F in column
> 1
>
> > I guess the problem is to pass the environment variable
> > TINYOWS_CONFIG_FILE
> >
> > But apparently it is passed infact I can check the environment variables
> are
> > passed to a cgi standard (in tomcat)
> > I have used the same "printenv" cgi from apache .
> > It report me that the CGI is see-ing all the variables of environment
> > (tinyows_config_file too).
> >
> > ----

> > TERM="xterm"
> >
> TINYOWS_CONFIG_FILE="/home/archivio/tomcat/server/tinyows-settings/config.xml"
> > USER="tomcat"
> > XFILESEARCHPATH="/usr/dt/app-defaults/%L/Dt"
> >
> X_TOMCAT_SCRIPT_PATH="/home/archivio/tomcat/tomcat-website/webapps/geoportale/WEB-INF/cgi-tiny/printenv"
> > _="/usr/local/java/jdk1.6.0_26/bin/java"
>
> Could you give a try with default config file path, i.e /etc/tinyows.xml ?
> Could you face (again) with right access issue related to tomcat user ?
>

> If someone else already experienced Tomcat CGI and TinyOWS, don't be shy :)
>
> --
> Olivier

Andrea Peri
qwerty àèìòù