[TinyOWS-users] Problem inserting features

Brian May bmay at mapwise.com
Mon Sep 19 21:33:55 EST 2011

More on 900913 issues:

Just for kicks I decided to install QGIS 1.7 - it will make my life
better, right? I go and open up my project that I had been testing WFS-T
with, test adding a line and saving it - new problem - ERROR: new row
for relation "saunders_lines" violates check constraint
"enforce_srid_wkb_geometry"

I didn't change anything.

So, after checking out projection defs in different places I find this:

QGIS 1.7 definition of 900913
+proj=merc +a=6378137 +b=6378137 +lat_ts=0.0 +lon_0=0.0 +x_0=0.0 +y_0=0
+k=1.0 +units=m +nadgrids=@null +wktext +over +no_defs

QGIS 1.7 definition of 3785
+proj=merc +a=6378137 +b=6378137 +lat_ts=0.0 +lon_0=0.0 +x_0=0.0 +y_0=0
+k=1.0 +units=m +nadgrids=@null +no_defs

QGIS 1.7 3875 (new Google Mercator Standard)
Not there!

 From WFS layer metadata (coming out of postgres)
+proj=merc +a=6378137 +b=6378137 +lat_ts=0.0 +lon_0=0.0 +x_0=0.0 +y_0=0
+k=1.0 +units=m +nadgrids=@null +wktext +over +no_defs

 From postgres spatial_ref_sys table
+proj=merc +a=6378137 +b=6378137 +lat_ts=0.0 +lon_0=0.0 +x_0=0.0 +y_0=0
+units=m +k=1.0 +nadgrids=@null +no_defs

End of a thread on the QGIS list discussing these EPSG codes.
http://www.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2010-February/009183.html

The constraint on my table for srid:
ALTER TABLE saunders_lines
   ADD CONSTRAINT enforce_srid_wkb_geometry CHECK (srid(the_geom) = 900913);

So maybe I'm not making things easy on myself having the data in 900913
(or one of its variants)?

Brian