[TinyOWS-users] Featureset limit when apply it

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 13:38:00 EST 2011

If I put a feature-limit :
for example 10.000 features.

and after I do a request sending a bbox.
tinyows send me a recordset which as the characteristic that no one
element is in the
BBOX I ask for. :)

It send me 10.000 element where noone is inside the bbox why it ask to
the DB for the recordset after it take the first 10.000 recordset and
send it.
Practically always the recordset of 10.000 element as no-one element of
the bbox I ask for.

Actually tinyows seem ask to the db to have the first 10.000 element.
Instead I guess it should ask the first 10.000 record that are in the BBOX.

 > it should not be limited by the maxfeatures limit,
 > well the best way to do it is to not put any maxfeature limit :)

When the dataset is really huge, limit the feature is good tom avoid the
user wait many hours to have many feature it don't need and don't ask
for. If it ask for an portion using the BBOX, it want receive only that
portion.

Don't ?

Andrea.