[TinyOWS-users] error on Windows

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 10:04:03 EST 2012

Hi again,

I'm not too used to work on Windows and I have a problem while setting
up a tinyows installation.

I have installed tinyows with the package for MS4W. I configured
config.xml and I'm able to connect to the server and connect with my
desktop gis, but then committing edits always fails.

I tested the configuration with --check and got an error

C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin>tinyows.exe --check

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<ows:ExceptionReport
 xmlns='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
 xmlns:ows='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
 xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
 xsi:schemaLocation='http://www.opengis.net/ows
http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1
.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd'
 version='1.1.0' language='en'>
 <ows:Exception exceptionCode='ErrorConfigFile'
locator='parse_config_file'>
  <ows:ExceptionText>Unable to open config file !</ows:ExceptionText>
 </ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

The log also says

[Sat Feb 04 14:59:05 2012] [ERROR] Element
'{http://www.opengis.net/wfs}Transaction': No matching global
declaration available for the validation root.

[Sat Feb 04 14:59:05 2012] [ERROR] XML request isn't valid

thanks in advance

-- Giovanni --