[Cartoweb-dev] Questions about your cartoWeb project

Gambin Dejan Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr
Thu Jul 14 08:56:32 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am an advanced MapServer user (I couldn't call myself developer,
although I have done some programming to suite my needs) working in a
local municipality where I have installed MapServer showing some local
geospatial data. I am using PHP/Mapscript and p.mapper as an
DHTML/Javascript based interface (developed by Armin Burger).

I am satisified enough but I saw today demo of your project and it looks
great. Maybe you can answer me some questions to help me decide whether
to go using cartoWeb that I would like very much.

At this moment I have vector data in shapefiles and some raster images
in GeoTIFF and some dgn data. Can I use shapefiles?
I have many layers/groups defined in my map file (that has grown much).
Do you think it would be a complicated job to use all my data in
cartoWeb?
Do I have to use many other "initialization files" beside the mapfile
(because now I am only using one config file)?
I have done some tiling/overviews of my tiffs to increase performance.
Does cartoWeb takes this into account?
Will the routing module be finished soon (higher level)?

Thanks very much on your answers

regards

dejan gambin