[Cartoweb-dev] CartoWeb 3.1.0 is released!
alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Thu Nov 17 14:34:09 EST 2005
Hello CartoWeb fans! ;)
Even if it is no more a scoop for some of you, we, at Camptocamp, would
like to let you know that CartoWeb version 3.1.0 is released and freely
available for download at http://cartoweb.org/downloads.html !
Changes are listed below and at http://cartoweb.org/changelog.html
Among great improvements and new functionalities, you will find for
instance a couple of Windows Installers. CartoWeb installation on
Windows is now really easy: launch WAMP installer (Apache+PHP5), launch
CartoWeb installer (MapServer+CartoWeb), reboot Apache. That's it! What
about the demo data? Launch the demo data installer as well! ;)
Several demos are available online at http://cartoweb.org/demo.html and
show quite comprehensively what CartoWeb can do.
Last, CartoWeb companion site (http://cartoweb.org/) has been redesigned
and now offers improved browsing and additional content: demos,
contribs, tools, various documentations, questions-and-answers,
migration tips, etc.
For more info about CartoWeb, please visit http://cartoweb.org/
Thanks for using CartoWeb!
CartoWeb 3.1.0 ChangeLog
* Redesigned DHTML map interface as a convenient object-oriented API.
* Added new improved tabs interface.
* Added support of styles with shapes and labels in outline plugin.
* Added new profile parameter for quick development/production switch.
* Added possibility to separate toolbar icons in several groups
dispatched wherever in the interface layout.
* Improved PDF export plugin:
o Support for multiline text blocks ;
o Support for external data source (files, databases) for text blocks ;
o Debugged overview extent ;
o Customizable overview outline colors ;
o Overview can use viewer keymap.
* Redesigned installation script. Added Windows installation wizard
* Added views plugin.
* Added routing plugin.
* Added layers reordering plugin.
* Added raw-image output switch.
* Renamed class Serializable to CwSerializable (for PHP 5.0.4+
* Added possibility to create output-format specific tables rules (eg.
only for PDF, only for HTML, only for CSV...).
* Switched most private plugins methods and members to "protected" in
order to facilitate plugin extension.
* Added support for dynamic mapfiles (generation using PHP templates)
and multiple mapfiles switching.
* Added support for dynamic changes on layers tree (aka "layers children
* Moved I18n PO files to projects directories.
* Optimized export plugins (HTML, CSV, PDF, etc.) that now uses the main
CartoWeb page (separated export.php pages are deprecated).
More information about the Cartoweb-dev