[Cartoweb-dev] how to display and print info in pdf

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Wed Apr 5 14:21:18 EDT 2006

Giuseppe,

you'll probably get a lot of answers in the "PDF Export" chapter of the
manual:
http://cartoweb.org/doc/cw3.2/xhtml/user.pdf.html
especially in the Tutorial > Blocks Configuration section:
http://cartoweb.org/doc/cw3.2/xhtml/user.pdf.html#user.pdf.tutorial.block

Elementary items displayed in the generated PDF file are called "blocks".
The exportPdf plugin comes with predefined blocks: mainmap, scalebar,
title, legend, logo...
Users may create and use blocks of their own as well. Blocks definition
is done in the exportPdf.ini config file (in your project client_conf/
dir). User blocks may be images or texts. Note that the blocks content
may come from the user interface (html form), some PHP code (if you
extended the plugin) or even from external files or database. You may
place those blocks almost wherever you want.

Most of the things to know are detailled in the page linked above.

AS