[Cartoweb-dev] map bigger in pdf than in image

giuseppe.derossi at email.it giuseppe.derossi at email.it
Mon Apr 24 13:19:33 EDT 2006

Hi Alexander,
I've just added the height parameter and seems ok... I get a well print even
if I add other elements, in the way I explained, into other pages .
Only an item : the height parameter manages a window around the map center.
Now if  the map is bigger than the pdf paper I do get only the image inside
the physical frame(see the image below), don't I ? So if I set a map bigger
I miss some. There no a 'convergency' layer, is it ?

    /\eye

|-----------------|  dimension of the map I see
     <-height->
  ^  |--------| ^    dimension of the map I print
Lost |Printed |Lost
    | map     |    data

If so, in order to avoid missing data, I suppose, I ought to create on the
fly another image with the same Box_center but applying the phisical
dimensons of my  printing box (by decreasing/increasing the apparent
resolution) ...
is it right ?

Regards