[Cartoweb-dev] Pb with internationalization

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud at camptocamp.com
Tue Jan 30 09:59:33 EST 2007

Sylvain Beorchia wrote:
> Hi Yves,
>
> I tried all the demos coming with the package. French never worked.
>
> In fact, when i install cartoweb, the testgettext.php script doesn't
> work. To make it run, i need to edit it and change $LOCALE = "fr";
> by $LOCALE = "fr_FR.UTF-8";

If the script doesn't work, you will have no chance to get the Cartoweb
I18n working.
Cartoweb only accepts locales defined with two letters. To be able to
have locales working that way in your système, you'll need to set
locales.alias (as said in the doc I think).
Something like the following is needed in /etc/locale.alias :

## for cartoweb3
fr          fr_FR.ISO-8859-1
de          de_DE.ISO-8859-1
en          en_US.ISO-8859-1

> In the .ini file, nothing happen if i chage en by fr, or even when i
> choose Fr in the demoCW3. And see that tooltips on tols are not goods
> too. That's strange. I've installed cartoweb many times  and tried to
> recompil the .mo files...but results.

Try to get the testgettext scripts working first.