[Cartoweb-dev] ignoring missing wms layers

Frederic Back fredericback at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 07:20:12 EST 2007

Hello,

our cartoweb application includes WMS-data from government servers which
tend to crash several times a week.

To avoid presenting our users the failure page every time this happens I
wrote a small patch that checks the http code returned by external pages
using curl before displaying the layer: Missing WMS layers are ignored.

I've appended the patch (against the latest stable release) to this
email. Please note that this is only a quick fix: The layer legend is
still unchanged. Also, curl might not be available on all platforms.

Cheers!
Fred