[Cartoweb-dev] ignoring broken WMS layers, part II

Frederic Back fredericback at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 04:28:28 EST 2007

Hello,

a few days ago, I wrote about a patch to ServerLayers.php to ignore
missing WMS layers. Now I am stuck trying to display this information to
the user.

Here's what I found out so far:

- The URL check must be performed server-side, because I can't access
  the mslayer and its URL from the client.

- The solution seems to be to pass the information about broken layers
  back to the client by modifying the LayerResult class and it's soap
  definition.

This looks like a rather tough modification of the cartoweb codebase,
and I would prefer if there was an easier and less intrusive solution.

Dear core developers: Please help me! :-)

Thanks,
Frederic