[Cartoweb-dev] Customizing the Outline plugin for geo-database queries

E. Appora-Gnékindy appora at gmail.com
Thu May 8 08:26:51 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am working on a volunteer-based project that would use Map Server,
Cartoweb and PostGIS. The prpject would use volunteers on the Internet to
look at sattelite imagery over the African continent and identify feature
such as roads, fileds , bridges etc. These will be saved in a PostGIS
geodatabase.

Basically, users would draw points, lines and polylines on the map shown to
them. My task is to write a cartoweb plugin to save the result in PostGIS.
Currently, features drawn with  the outline plugin seem to be persistent
only for the current session. We want the plugin  to save figures drawn on
the map into the database for future use.
If someone has ideas on how this can be achieved, I would be very grateful.

Regards,
Eloi

University of Bangui
Central African Republic