[Cartoweb-dev] Troubleshoot about cartoweb demo app launch

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Tue Nov 8 02:11:10 EST 2011

On 11/07/2011 02:59 PM, Oliver Christen wrote:
> Hello Salomon
>
> Cartoweb is too old and contains some code which is not compatible with recent version of Mapserver.
> in this case it would be the GD rendering engine, which has been replaced by AGG.
> there may be other problems which have not been addressed either.
>
> also note that Cartoweb will not work with any version of PHP 5.3 or newer.
>
> regards
> Oliver
>
>> Hi everyone,
>> I' ve just installed ms4w 3.0.3 and cartoweb 3.4.0. but i face difficulties to launch all cartoweb demo applications only the
>> documentations links from ms4w home are working.
>> here is the error messages i've got :
>>
>> -Warning: ms_newMapObj(): [MapServer Error]: loadOutputFormat(): OUTPUTFORMAT clause references driver GD/JPEG, but this
>> driver isn't configured. in F:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3\server\ServerContext.php on line 354
>>
>> -Class : SoapFaultWrapper
>> Message : Failed to open map file "F:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3/projects/demoCW3/server_conf/demoCW3/demoCW3.map"
>>

>> Please i need help. Thx

Uh beside the fact, that yes the code is quite old.
With efforts, cartoweb3.5 is working under PhP 5.3.8

Adapting it to mapserver 6.0 has not be totally successful. but on the way.

All of this is not free of efforts, that sure.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Ambassador