[Cartoweb-users] Fwd: a mapserver framework for flexibility

Claude Philipona claude.philipona at camptocamp.com
Mon Aug 22 11:26:40 EDT 2005

Hi,

As Cartoweb and mambo are both in PHP, it is already a good start.

The cartoweb architecture allows you to separate the the cartoserver
(whiche drives the mapserver) from the cartoclient (which handles mainly
the rendering).

So you wouldn't have to implement both as Mambo modules, but only the
cartoclient part, which is a good point. I don't know mambo good enough to
tell if you could use the mainstream cartoclient straight away. You will
probably have to adapt somme part. We would have to talk about this with
the main CartoWeb developers. But one thing is sure, you can always rewrite
part of it, or even the whole cartoclient to suite your needs. For
instance, we did developp for a client a special cartoclient in JSP feeded
by the standard cartoserver.

So yes CartoWeb could fit, but we would have to study a little bit more the
Mambo architure to tell more precisely how easily it would fit.

Claude