Fwd: [Cartoweb-users] Fwd: a mapserver framework for flexibility

Eduardo Patto Kanegae e.patto.kanegae at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:19:18 EDT 2005

Sorry listers! :-)

My reply did not include the list mail.

best

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eduardo Patto Kanegae <e.patto.kanegae at gmail.com>
Date: Aug 22, 2005 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Cartoweb-users] Fwd: a mapserver framework for flexibility
To: Claude Philipona <claude.philipona at ...>

Hi Claude, thanks for answering me. :-)

MamboServer is a very nice CMS which basically has a "component"
architecture...you can install, uninstall or create your components.

Example: I could create a "CartoMambo" component...so when users pointo to
"Maps" link on the application( which should be something like
"/index.php?option=com_cartomambo&param1=xxx&param2=yyyy..." ) the file "
cartomambo.php" should be included from "components" directory.

Mambo has its own functions to handle inputs(get/post...it also filter data
againts xss, injections...) and also a database API to run SQLs.

Could I be able to insert "carto client" code inside this component file?

How does cartoclient interface widgets are handled? As pre-defined .html
files? such as mapserver and chameleon does?

best regards.

Eduardo

http://www.webmapit.com.br

--