[Cartoweb-users] CartoWeb and projections & dynamic filtering

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Thu Aug 25 08:12:35 EDT 2005

CW3 offers a wide range of tools and methods to build plugins. We
understand it may look confusing for newcomers but actually it is not
that complicated.

I suggest you'd take a look at client/ClientPlugin.php and
server/ServerPlugin.php, those files listing most of the interfaces that
plugins may implement and thus the methods/entry points made available.
More info may be found here:
http://cartoweb.org/doc/xhtml/dev.newplugin.html#dev.newplugin.writing.calls

I was considering creating a single-page PDF summarizing plugins
interfaces/methods and a time line of the interface-methods calls in CW3.

Concerning your plugin, I'have not much thought about how to do it yet.
At least can I suggest you to consider implementing the following
interfaces:
- client side: GuiProvider (to deal with the user inputs => HTML,
REQUEST vars...), ServerCaller (communication with the server-side part)
- server side: ClientResponder (communication with client-side part).

About map object reference, try considering the MapInfo object. You may
print it to figure out what it looks like. See Cartoclient::getMapInfo().

AS