[Cartoweb-users] Layers.ini

Oliver Ishmael oliver_ishmael at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 13 07:28:13 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have added my own project to Cartoweb3 following Alexandre Saunier
directions from his "Minimal Project". The final point states: "Discard the
layers.ini (a basic layer tree is then generated)". I have done this, but no
new layers.ini has been created. How do i get it to auto-generate?

On a separate note (possibly linked), when trying to display my project i
get the following error:

Failure
class:   SoapFaultWrapper
message:   Mapserver error: Error in msDrawMap(): Failed to draw layer named
'settlements'.
Error in msSHPOpenFile():
(c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3/projects/baplanning/server_conf/baplanning/settlements.shp)
Error in msSHPOpenFile(): (/data/settlements.shp)

It seems to me that a may have defined the link to my 'data' wrongly
(c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\projects\baplanning\server_conf\baplanning\data\settlements.shp)
but i can't figure out which file i need to edit to correct this. Can anyone
see an obvious problem/solution?

Cheers
Olly