[Cartoweb-users] SoapFault class not found

Sylvain Pasche sylvain.pasche at camptocamp.com
Fri Jul 15 07:46:42 EDT 2005

Le vendredi 15 juillet 2005 à 13:29 +0200, Gambin Dejan a écrit :
> OK, thank you very much I didn't realize this. Now the demo works. I will ask you a few more questions so if you can give me some answer, thank you very much
>
> I am an advanced MapServer user (I couldn't call myself developer, although I have done some programming to suite my needs) working in a local municipality where I have installed MapServer showing some local geospatial data. I am using PHP/Mapscript and p.mapper as an DHTML/Javascript based interface (developed by Armin Burger).
>
> I am satisified enough but when I saw the demo of your project I felt in love.
>
> At this moment I have vector data in shapefiles and some raster images in GeoTIFF and some dgn data. Can I use shapefiles?

As CartoWeb uses Mapserver map rendering, if your php mapscript
mapserver is able to handle shapefiles, you can use it.

> I have many layers/groups defined in my map file (that has grown much). Do you think it would be a complicated job to use all my data in cartoWeb?

Not that complicated: you need to created and configure a layers.ini
configuration file, with the layer hierarchy you want to use. You can
have a look at the documentation, and the demo project for examples.

> Do I have to use many other "initialization files" beside the mapfile (because now I am only using one config file)?

There are a couple of .ini files to setup for working with your mapfile.
Again, the documentation on part "server configuration" should answer
this question.

> I have done some tiling/overviews of my tiffs to increase performance. Does cartoWeb takes this into account?

Mapserver will be faster if you have optimized your datas. Thus,
CartoWeb will consequently be faster too as a result.

> Will the routing module be finished soon (higher level)?

We have a working version in CVS right now, but unfortunately the
documentation is not finished. There is an example in the "test_project"
project inside CartoWeb hot to use.

Cheers,

Sylvain