[Cartoweb-users] Outlining in Cartoweb

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at camptocamp.com
Mon Jun 13 06:08:27 EDT 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:24:05 +0200
Eduard Witteveen <e.witteveen at hawarit.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Currently i have the following problem: When i draw a new outline, the
> previous one is =lost=, what am i doing wrong?

Have a look on the following file :
%projectname%/client_conf/outline.ini
It should contains the following statement to be able to keep several
outline : multipleShapes = true

Cf:
http://www.cartoweb.org/doc/xhtml/user.annotate.html#user.annotate.client.ini

> Furthermore, is there a
> way to make the outlining persistent, by writing it to a file /
> database  / whateven?

Pierre Giraud (who also work on Camptocamp) had worked on this kind of
stuff this days, i let him answer on this point.

> Also, when i try to name my project "outline", i run into troubles
> since  the %projectname%.ini has the same value as the outline.ini,
> what is the  way to solve this?

A quick answer could be: 'not to name a project with a plugin name'

A bit more longer one :
You could find a way to play with it, via a MapId name different than
your project one. But it will create others problems in htdocs directory
with symlink mode, anyway. So it should be avoided... A kind of reserved
keyword in fact...

HTH :)

--
Olivier Courtin  -  Concepteur SI/SIG - Analyste
Camptocamp France SAS