[Cartoweb-users] Outlining in Cartoweb

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud at camptocamp.com
Mon Jun 13 14:19:48 EDT 2005

Olivier Courtin a écrit :

>On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:24:05 +0200
>Eduard Witteveen <e.witteveen at hawarit.com> wrote:
>
>Hi,
>

>>Currently i have the following problem: When i draw a new outline, the
>>previous one is =lost=, what am i doing wrong?
>>

>Have a look on the following file :
>%projectname%/client_conf/outline.ini
>It should contains the following statement to be able to keep several
>outline : multipleShapes = true
>
>Cf:
>http://www.cartoweb.org/doc/xhtml/user.annotate.html#user.annotate.client.ini
>

>>Furthermore, is there a
>>way to make the outlining persistent, by writing it to a file /
>>database  / whateven?
>>

>Pierre Giraud (who also work on Camptocamp) had worked on this kind of
>stuff this days, i let him answer on this point.

In fact, the outline plugin is only a way to annontate a map.
As said by Olivier, we're now developping an editing plugin that will
allow people to input/edit shapes using a javascript API on browser and
write them (at first) on database.
Hope this will be soon available.

>>Also, when i try to name my project "outline", i run into troubles
>>since  the %projectname%.ini has the same value as the outline.ini,
>>what is the  way to solve this?
>>

>A quick answer could be: 'not to name a project with a plugin name'
>
>A bit more longer one :
>You could find a way to play with it, via a MapId name different than
>your project one. But it will create others problems in htdocs directory
>with symlink mode, anyway. So it should be avoided... A kind of reserved
>keyword in fact...
>
>HTH :)

Pierre GIRAUD
Géomaticien, Analyste