[Cartoweb-users] passing variables to MapServer (for filtering)

Gustavo Concheiro concheirog at si.edu
Mon Jun 27 18:28:32 EDT 2005

Hi all!

Question from a total newbie :)  How can I do what I used to do with plain MapServer CGI: to pass, as a variable, a user selection, that can then be replaced by MapServer (or PostGIS) as a filter expression.

I just cannot figure this out!

Also: can I still try groups as layers?  I have several layers, and I used the on and off at different scales.  I hid this complexity from the user, who just had to select the group (e.g. hydrography).  How can I do this.

If there is RTFM for any of this, please feel free to just point out WHERE it is discussed.

TIA.

Best, Gustavo

---
Gustavo A. Concheiro Pérez
Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute, Panamá