[Cartoweb-users] Minimal Project

Maurizio Esposito mauesp at libero.it
Wed Nov 23 18:13:09 EST 2005

Hi List,
I'm trying to use data from an old mapserver project in Cartoweb.
OS WinXp Pro Sp2, installed and working CW3 from win installer (downloaded Nov 21) , Postgis .
My first attempt has been to start with minimal project, as suggested in thread "Minimal Project" of Jun 09 to Eduard Witteveen
and I did this following instructions step by step.
I have also downloaded the working project posted by Eduard himself , and I realized   this project too close follows instructions.
But when I point my browser to http://localhost/cartoweb3/htdocs/minimal.php I get these error messages:

An exception in early stage occured:
object(CartoclientException)#35 (7) {
  ["msg:private"]=>
  string(48) "You need to set cartoclientBaseUrl in client.ini"
  ["message:protected"]=>
  string(566) "You need to set cartoclientBaseUrl in client.ini
Backtrace:

file: 403 - c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\client\Cartoclient.php
call: ClientConfig->__construct(Object(ClientProjectHandler))

file: 550 - c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\client\Cartoclient.php
call: Cartoclient->getConfig()

file: 362 - c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\client\Cartoclient.php
call: Cartoclient->initializePlugins()

file: 36 - c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\htdocs\client.php
call: Cartoclient->__construct()

file: 3 - c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\htdocs\minimal.php
call: require_once("c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\htdocs\client.php")and a very long listing of data. What did I wrong? My real target is succeed in displaying a map working with a basic mapserver application
(file.map , file.shp ) and build my project on this basis.

Any help much appreciated, thanks
Regards,
Maurizio Esposito