[Cartoweb-users] 3 questions about Views

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Tue Sep 13 14:12:18 EDT 2005

Hello

frequens wrote:
> Sorry, my description of the problem was obviously not a complete one.
> This happens when trying to load a "View" link from a weblink or one
> contained in an email message. And it is obviously perfectly normal
> that it does not function as the first-time user has no initiated
> session at all.

This problem should now be solved in current CVS version. Thanks for
pointing it. When no existing session is available, CW3 now uses a
default session as a basis for views loading.

>>I would not be surprised that
>>your "query" plugin, even though it does implement Sessionable, does not
>>save any session stuff. It's certainly because you  have not made
>>queries persistent by setting "persistentQueries" to "true" in your
>>query.ini.
> Of course you are perfectly right!!!
> Just a question: Why is this setting bound to views capability to show
> selected data? When the view is loaded the data are still selected
> on-the-fly with the help of the view stored bbox?!

Oops, I forgot to answer your question. Sorry!
To simplify I would say that views only use session data to save map
states (no GET/POST data, etc.). If no query session is recorded
(persistentQueries = false), no query request is sent to mapserver.

AS