[Cartoweb-users] problems withs Cartoweb

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at camptocamp.com
Wed Sep 14 04:47:28 EDT 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:32:32 +0200 (CEST) aallain at ensg.ign.fr wrote:

Hi,

> 1.	if it_s possible to connect Cartoclient to any database
> containing non spatial data ? data, not necessary spatial data
> and, if so ,has Cartoweb a plugin or other functionnality to do that ?

Well you could use SQL in MapFile to make a JOINT beetwen two (or more)
tables if it make sense on you're data...
I'm not sure if it was really that you've asked indeed...

> 2.	if it_s possible to connect the mapfile to oraclespatial. I make
> a valid connection in the mapfile, but when I integrate it to
> Cartoweb, it doesn_t work

We already, have other projects using oraclespatial connection. You only
need to have a right configuration in you're mapfile...

An exemple:

CONNECTION "serveur/serveur at foo"
CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
DATA "geometry FROM (SELECT * FROM my_table) USING UNIQUE GID"

See <http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc46/mapfile-reference.html#layer>
to further informations...

Nota: some little improvements have been made quite recently on
CartoWeb3 to handle OracleSpatial support on 'id recentering' feature,
use CVS version if you need this feature with OracleSpatial.

Nota: not use ArcSDE connect, it will only be slower with MapServer
(by a factor 2 at least)

> 3.	if it_s possible to access data from multiple servers

Indeed yes, as MapServer configuration DATA source is made
for each Layer...

> 4.	if it_s possible to display tooltips with attributes on the
> objects of the map

No yet, we have investigated on this kind of feature, it will need
some improvement on MapServer code (imagemap). At the moment however
we're still waiting for customers who really needs this feature...

5.	how to access to the html and csv exports in the
> cartoweb interface because , when I define them in client.ini, there
> is no modification on the interface.

For export CSV, you should see on the bottom of the results table
(after a query), a link to CSV export file.

For HTML, you should see a 'Print' link at the bottom of main folder.

Did you done a reset_session on you're project after client.ini
modification ?

6. if the pdf export works
> correctly, because sometimes I obtain no pdf (it doesn_t find
> the png file in www-data/pdf-caches) or an empty pdf or a pdf with
> a map which doesn_t corresponds to the current map extent

It should, on the other hand, many improvements 've been made on
exportPDF, using CartoWeb CVS could be a good things...

HTH,

--
Olivier Courtin  -  Concepteur SI/SIG - Analyste
Camptocamp France SAS