[Cartoweb-users] pdfExport won't work

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Thu Sep 15 03:52:26 EDT 2005

Hello,

> But I cannot get the pdf export to work, no even for the demo.  I get:
> Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource:
> "failure.tpl" in /var/www/cartoweb3/include/smarty/Smarty.class.php on
> line 1088
> which is sort of cryptic.  Is it failing to report a failure?

You may be right. I can't figure out yet what the problem is.

> Second: blank pages.  Occasionally.  Looks like a resource limiatation,
> but I have no idea at what level there is a problem.

It is recommended to raise your PHP memory_limit setting to something
like 30M. See
http://cartoweb.org/doc/xhtml/appendix.debian_mapserver.html >
"Additional Steps".
Memory limit can be raised either by:
- updating memory_limit parameter in your php.ini
- in some case, adding an Apache setting such as php_value memory_limit
"30M"
- using PHP function ini_set('memory_limit', '30M'); before calling
CartoWeb (in htdocs/client.php for instance)

AS