[Cartoweb-users] Cartoweb timeout
fportaneri.ext at rd.francetelecom.com
Wed Apr 5 06:35:37 EDT 2006
I have the following problem under cartoweb that should be a
The cartoclient + cartoserver + mapserver are running on one server,
while the postgresql server is running on a second server.
Everything works fine (maps are well displayed with postgis data,
queries are correctly done...), but after some time (about 10 refresh),
the cartoweb seems hang and keeps the "loading message" sign display.
The log shows the following:
Wed Apr 5 11:33:42 2006,770  FATAL ServerContext - Error in
msDrawMap(): Failed to draw layer named 'sites_hilight'.
Wed Apr 5 11:33:42 2006,771  FATAL ServerContext - Error in
msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): couldnt make connection to DB with connect string
'host=nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn. dbname=test user=www-data password=www-data'.
Error reported was 'could not connect to server: Connection timed out Is
the server running on host "nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn" and accepting TCP/IP
connections on port 5432? '.
This error occured when trying to make a connection to the specified
Most commonly this is caused by
(1) incorrect connection string
(2) you didnt specify a 'user=...' in your connection string
(3) the postmaster (postgresql server) isnt running
(4) you are not allowing TCP/IP connection to the postmaster
(5) your postmaster is not running on the correct port - if its not on
5432 you must specify a 'port=...'
(6) the security on your system does not allow the webserver (usually
user 'nobody') to make socket connections to the postmaster
(7) you forgot to specify a 'host=...' if the postmaster is on a
(8) you made a typo
The strange thing is that opening a new session window still allows to
access to the same data on the postgres server...
Any help would be welcome!
More information about the Cartoweb-users