[Cartoweb-users] Errors when using assign_vertex_id function

Álvaro Gutiérrez alvarouniovi at yahoo.es
Wed Apr 5 06:31:01 EDT 2006

Hi, everyone. I'm new at this list.
I'm developing a GIS proyect to finish my career. I'm using pgdijkstra
module for routing, and programing a Java client. My graph is a street
network, and the edges should change dynamically, for example, one edge
from the original graph should split into two. So, when i change the
graph i call  "assign_vertex_id", "create_graph_tables" and
"update_cost_from_distance" functions to regenerate the edges and
vertices tables. The first time i do this, everything goes Ok, but on
the second time i call "assign_vertex_id" i recive this error message:
           "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation with OID
22979 does not exist"

This is the same problem that someone talk about in this list before.
The problem is that if you make a second query with this function with
the same connection, Postgre returns this error, but if you close the
connection and create a new one everything is ok, but the efficience of
opening and closing connections, isn't good.
There's a way to solve this problem?
Thanks everyone.

PD: Sorry for my english.