[Cartoweb-users] Can't load mapscript library - Suse 10

Pebble Puppy pebble_puppy at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 5 23:36:53 EDT 2006

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions Alexandre,

I did as you suggested, copying php.info into cartoweb3/htdocs and then
calling it via the browser.  When I do this, it returns the tables of
information, but at the very top of the page, above the tables I do indeed
see, "WARNING: can't load mapscript library".  Within the tables, there is
no mention of MapScript as a table or within an existing table.

When I run 'http://localhost/cartoweb/test.php' I do not get the "can't load
mapscript library" at the top of the tables, but there is still no mention
of Mapscript anywhere on the page.  The test.php is simply:

<HTML>
<BODY>

<?php
  if (PHP_OS == "WINNT" || PHP_OS == "WIN32")
  {
    dl("php_mapscript.dll");
  }
  else
  {
    dl("php_mapscript.so");
  }
  phpinfo();
?>

</BODY>
</HTML>

This file came from
'http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/phpmapscript-install/#installing-php-mapscript'

I also did as you suggested, changing the 'php_mapscript' in php.ini to be
'php_mapscript.so'

I'm sure it's some simple error on my part, but I too thick-headed to see
where the problem is.  If you have any other ideas I would greatly
appreciate them.  Thank you again for your earlier thoughts.

Regards, Robert