[Cartoweb-users] Can't load mapscript library - Suse 10

Pebble Puppy pebble_puppy at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 6 23:26:20 EDT 2006

Hello,

Thanks for the addtional info.  I've been doing everything as root, the
folders and files all appear to be owned by root and have rxrxrx.

Great idea on the apache log.  What caught my eye is this:
[Thu Apr 06 22:20:36 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  dl() [<a
href='function.dl'>function.dl</a>]: Unable to load dynamic library
'./php_mapscript.so' - ./php_mapscript.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory in /usr/local/cartoweb3/server/ServerContext.php
on line 313

This log entry is created when I try running
http://localhost/cartoweb/client.php in the browser.  It looks like it's
looking in the existing directory ./ but I don't have any idea which
existing directory it is referring to.  I tried copying the php_mapscript.so
in the /cartoweb3/server directory but that did not make a difference.  Any
idea?

One very interesting thing is that I found that if I copied php_mapscript.so
into /usr/local/mapserver-4.8.2/mapscript/php3 and then in that directory
ran "./php -m" I get the following:

[PHP Modules]
ctype
date
dbase
dom
hash
iconv
libxml
MapScript
pcre
PDO
pdo_sqlite
pgsql
posix
Reflection
session
SimpleXML
SPL
SQLite
standard
tokenizer
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter

[Zend Modules]

I think that's a big clue?!

I believe we're getting close.  Thanks to frequens and Alexandre for the
tips.

Regards, Robert