[Cartoweb-users] more than a page into pdf et al.

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Thu Apr 13 09:15:44 EDT 2006

Giuseppe,

> the text I print into one block into the pdf, could fill more than a page
> and if so the text, which should  fill the next page, is simply cut. Is
> there
>  a simple way by using the parameters in exportPdf.ini file in order to
> manage
> that ? The text source could be both a text file and a query.

The standard exportPdf plugin handles multi-page blocks but only for
tables of query results (ie results returned by the query tool). If you
need to have your own-designed block displayed on several pages, you 'll
have to extend the plugin and write some PHP code (especially by
extending the  plugins/exportPdf/client/CwFpdf.php that deals with FPDF
tools).

> The image in pdf is a bit more zoomed than what I see, so  the selected
> object in the map is ok,the same object in the pdf box could be not
> complete. The more
> is the zoom, the more evident is the error.

I don't know if it is related to your question but the PDF scale is
supposed to be the same than the one of the map you want to print. Since
  the PDF map dimensions are in most cases different from the initial
ones, the extent is different.
Is your PDF scale correct?

AS