[Cartoweb-users] OGR Direct Coonection to Mysql

Ahmed Ayadi ayaha2001 at yahoo.fr
Sat Aug 12 03:05:56 EDT 2006

David,

 Thanks for your intention, I  give you my .ovf file
 I 'am sure about database name, my user name and my mypassword are correct.

 <OGRVRTDataSource>
     <OGRVRTLayer name="aqidata">        <SrcDataSource>MYSQL:aqitest,user=root,password=,host=localhost,port=3306,tables=testdata</SrcDataSource>
          <SrcSQL>SELECT x,y FROM testdata</SrcSQL>
          <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
          <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="x" y="y"/>
      </OGRVRTLayer>
  </OGRVRTDataSource>

  I received also an email from  Jacolin Yves and he told me:

"Can you test ogrinfo --formats to knwo which format support your ogr
installation. I think it has not been build with the mysql support."
 I have execute ogrinfo --formats and i give you th result:

 c:\>ogrinfo --formats
 Loaded OGR Format Drivers:
   -> "ESRI Shapefile" (read/write)
   -> "UK .NTF" (readonly)
   -> "SDTS" (readonly)
   -> "TIGER" (read/write)
   -> "S57" (read/write)
   -> "MapInfo File" (read/write)
   -> "DGN" (read/write)
   -> "VRT" (readonly)
   -> "AVCBin" (readonly)
   -> "REC" (readonly)
   -> "Memory" (read/write)
   -> "CSV" (read/write)
   -> "GML" (read/write)
   -> "ODBC" (read/write)
   -> "PGeo" (readonly)
   -> "FMEObjects Gateway" (readonly)

 Finally, how can i know about the version for my OGR?

 Thank you very much.