[Cartoweb-users] Re: Pgdijkstra Directed Map

Aileen Baylon aileen at mapcentral.ph
Tue Aug 22 04:37:44 EDT 2006

Thanks again Sylvain for your quick reply.

Last question:

In the context of your answer to my first question - >

1. What I meant by the directed route is the roads being one-way or two way
> or the roads being major roads or minor roads. How do I return a postgis
> path?
> Currently I'm using the shortest_path_as_geometry() function but I read in
> the readme
> that I can pass to the shortest_path function if the road is directed or
> not
> (true/false)

The current implementation of  shortest_path_as_geometry makes the
assumption the graph is not directed and is not using reverse cost.

Modifying the pgdijkstra shortest_path_as_geometry to take into account
if the graph is directed should not be a great development. Feel free to
open a enhancement request on the bugzilla about it.

You mean I won't be able to use the shortest_path function for my maps and I
can't use it for routing purposes
if the roads involved are one-way streets?

Aileen