[Cartoweb-users] PHP 5.2.0 / CW3.3.0

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Thu Dec 7 13:03:15 EST 2006

Hello,

in fact you are talking about 2 distinct problems:

- the CartoWeb 3.3 installer for windows cannot be used with the latest
version of WAMP because the Cartoweb 3.3 installer comes with a
php_mapscript.dll compiled for PHP 5.1.x flavors whereas the latest WAMP
  ships PHP 5.2.0. That's only a question of installers and their
components. CartoWeb 3.3 is OK to run on PHP 5.2 except that:

- there's a small bug/incompatibility in the accounting plugin of
CartoWeb 3.3.0 when using PHP 5.2 that generates the fatal error you quoted.

To be able to use CartoWeb 3.3 with PHP 5.2.0, you'll have to upgrade
CartoWeb to its latest CVS version (the accounting plugin problem is
fixed in this version).

That's not very complicated since all the CVS service files are already
embedded in the CartoWeb 3.3.0 archives/installers you may get on the
cartoweb.org website. Simply go to the cartoweb3 directory and update it
with some CVS client.

For instance, if you have TortoiseCVS [1] installed on your system,
simply right click on the cartoweb3 directory and click on "CVS Update"
("CVS Actualiser" in the french version).

[1] http://tortoisecvs.org/

AS